My Season is over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
problem with reyanuds it doesnt matter if your sweating your nuts off, even wind chill can set it off so i dont go fingerless gloves till 20 c

Yeh I know - sister and sister in law have it. Extra hard on a bike !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
add in exercise induced rhinitis , i hate getting "mature "

Always had that - snot rockets.

PS OP - trying to offer you options - it's hard when injured to stay motivated, and even harder when your life was nearly changed by your love of a past time but someone else destroyed it (almost). I've had many injuries, and it's hard getting back, but don't over do it. Even if you need to find a gym or exercise bike, it will set you up for next year. Cycling is one thing that benefits from doing regular. Bit here, there. If you don't you soon get unconditioned. That's why it's hard for an occasional cyclist to progress. Little bits, regular, makes it easier.

Don't give up, see it as a 4 week set back / 'holiday'. Body parts do fail.

I'm sort of fortunate nothing on me has fell of/broke naturally - I'm 49, but carrying lots of injuries from biking or 'accidents'. All the MRI scans said my back and discs were tip top for my age, just that one disc had been crushed, and half a vertebrae smashed off. I've got dodgy shoulders from bike crashes (same as rugby players) but I've changed how I sleep to support both shoulders. A good mattress works wonders for my knackered back.

OK I've never had knee issues despite being a club cyclist from 16 - nearly...... 34 years of it now - mine are fine, but very sensitive to mis-adjusted pedals (I ride clipless on every bike).

Stick at it OP - -if needing ideas/motivation, pop in any time.

OP
OP
fuzzybuddha

fuzzybuddha

Thank you all for your well wishes and suggestions for staying in biking shape. I doubt I will ever lose my passion and love for riding. It has brought me a lot of positive, with only a few set backs. I view it as part of the sport. I have found that, if I am to have surgery, this is probably the best one to have, with the shortest rehab time. I will look into “turbo” and go to the gym and ride the stupid stationary. Not a fan of them, but they are better than nothing. Once again thank you, I will keep everyone posted. I have scheduled it for Sept 26.

Top Bottom