My very first cycle touring in South Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JBTinEU17

JBTinEU17

Regular
I admire your determination to give your tour another shot. A really good money saving tip would be to get in touch with Warmshowers hosts. You stay at people’s houses for free and you normally get loooked after very well as they are tourers themselves. Importantly, they will feed you well because they understand the work involved.

I have been a host for 3 years and it has been great. Our guests have come from Thailand, England, Germany, Kenya, New Zealand, France And Guernsey. If you are planning to travel to South West England, look us up and we will be glad to help.

Hello~ Heltor Chasca,

Thank a lot for your message, and I actually also tried my very first touch with
a Warmshower host in Spain. But, it I was not able to visit this host because he
replied me with a " sudden inconvenient ". And, I never got a second chance
trying to contact another Warmshower host. But, it would be my honor if I can
visit you someday, and I never been to South-West England.

best wishes,
JBT

OP
OP
JBTinEU17

JBTinEU17

Regular
Nah,that was my lighting system and front hub dynamo wiring.Theft isn't too much of a problem (touch wood) I just am careful where I lock my bikes up and how I lock them up.I try not to leave them at one place for too long.

I've always mixed my intrest in electrics/electronics with cycling.Once I fitted a car horn/moped horn to the bike.

Hi~ Lonestar,

And, did you try to surprise someone with that car horn/moped on the road ??

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
And you using a 1.5kg of locks, so how many piece of locks do you use on your bike ?
It must be a beloved bike of yours !
Two locks: one through front wheel, frame and parking stand, the other through back wheel, frame and parking stand. I would be fairly upset if any of my bikes were stolen - mainly because it's a long walk home...

Top Bottom