my visit to the Tour De France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well i have just home after going across to Trumpington to watch the tour as who knows when we will get another chance .

Fairly busy with spectators and the riders were done in a flash as can be seen in pic

tour.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
Bob's Tour 027.JPG
My pictures were rubbish,got lots like this.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Its the worst sport to watch. Wait for hours, over in a flash. But I'm still glad I was there, along with many others.
I didn't bother going out for the caravan - it came through the CIty a couple of hours before the riders - but along with thousands of others I wandered 5 minutes out of the office to spend an hour getting damp and watching cars, vans and motorbikes for my 10 seconds of grimy men in lycra.

Random observations. Loads of car and van passengers taking photos of the crowds. A random cyclist who managed to get onto the route and ride (to cheers) down Lower Thames Street 20 minutes before the peloton. The rather hopeful (and very cheerful and polite) Tour Maker encouraging spectators to stay in the cycle lane. The cyclist with a large rucksack who was encouraged by a motorcyling Gendarme to get off the route - as it turned out a few minutes before the last riders.

It was fun, but I'm not sure I'd travel any more than a few minutes unless it was for a place on a hill where there would be more than a few seconds of blur.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Trying to take pictures at the time trial last year arvanches to the mont ,get a good shot and you miss the ride at the speed they go

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Ah. TMN to TMN. That's what happens when you stop half-way through a post to ...errr... watch the highlights and the news.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I didn't bother going out for the caravan - it came through the CIty a couple of hours before the riders - but along with thousands of others I wandered 5 minutes out of the office to spend an hour getting damp and watching cars, vans and motorbikes for my 10 seconds of grimy men in lycra.

Random observations. Loads of car and van passengers taking photos of the crowds. A random cyclist who managed to get onto the route and ride (to cheers) down Lower Thames Street 20 minutes before the peloton. The rather hopeful (and very cheerful and polite) Tour Maker encouraging spectators to stay in the cycle lane. The cyclist with a large rucksack who was encouraged by a motorcyling Gendarme to get off the route - as it turned out a few minutes before the last riders.

It was fun, but I'm not sure I'd travel any more than a few minutes unless it was for a place on a hill where there would be more than a few seconds of blur.

I walked out of my friend's house and within a minute was standing on the roadside awaiting the peleton.

well i have just home after going across to Trumpington to watch the tour as who knows when we will get another chance .

Fairly busy with spectators and the riders were done in a flash as can be seen in pic

View attachment 49688

I actually love that photo. Just enough detail so you know what it is - it's the WHOOSH!!!! in 2D!

i couldnt agree more

That's a fantastic picture that captures the spirit of the event.

indeed... cycling IS about speed and colour. the Tour isn't ideal for photography as it's too busy, but for most bike races i tend to shoot slow shutter speed to get blur.

i'd be dead happy with that photo.

Top Bottom