My Walmart custom sidewalk cruiser is done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

passive jay

Its done! Well mostly, I am not sure if I am going to add a front fender or not.
This started out as a walmart bike https://www.walmart.com/.../Genesis-29-Onex.../16203481
I installed an Eagle two speed internal kickback hub
new seat
saddlebags and luggage rack
new kickstand
new pedals.
Monark springer front fork
new stem
Shimano Alfine Dynamo front hub
head and tail lights
New rims and spokes.
rearview mirror and bike bell.
I might be missing something
What do you guys think?

d1.jpg
d2.jpg
274711210_10226337842659655_3947258661679650576_n.jpg
274862511_10226337843139667_6494210440394288414_n.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
That's badass. I'd leave it without the front fender - gives it a more 'chopper look.

DiggyGun

If the original front fork is fixed , how does the additional front Springer fork work?

Also, haven’t come across pedal braking and how does that work ?

OP
OP
P

passive jay

I’m curious about the springer fork too Looks interesting.

I suspect the pedal brake is what we call coaster brakes. Activated by going backwards on the pedals.
Correct! It can be tricky since you also go backward on the pedals to shift gears. If you go back slightly it shifts gears, if you go backward more it brakes. If you are going smoothly to braking it is not supposed to shift but sometimes it does, a slight pain in the ass but since it is only a two speed it is not a big deal to do a quick shift if you find you are in the wrong gear.

OP
OP
P

passive jay

If the original front fork is fixed , how does the additional front Springer fork work?

Also, haven’t come across pedal braking and how does that work ?

Chrome-Parts-with-disc-brake-adapter.jpg

As you can see the back part is where the original fork would be. wheel attaches to front part. when a bump is hit the part holding the wheel can rotate on the nuts attached to the back part allowing the front part to move up and down on the springs to absorb shocks.

Attachments

• Chrome-Parts-with-disc-brake-adapter.jpg
    Chrome-Parts-with-disc-brake-adapter.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Top Bottom