My work pension scheme.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I had look at my workplace pension today...

Estimated value of your retirement pot on your retirement date (2036): £7,530.00
Your retirement income each year could be: £180.00

...it's not going to go very far is it. :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Many of them aren't going to go far.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Mine vary; I've a Teacher's Pension that can start from now due to additional payments plus AVC's, which I'm keeping for another 10 years then taking. I'll get a decent amount from that even if I stopped now.

My earliest FT workplace is worth £800pa at present, so probably about £1000pa in 15 years time, whien it's due to mature.
Another is currently worth £6pa in 5 year's time as it's set for then. Won't get much from that one!

That's apart from my 'alternative' pension scheme: I collect paintings, vintage watches and antique books. Along with bikes.

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
I had look at my workplace pension today...

Estimated value of your retirement pot on your retirement date (2036): £7,530.00
Your retirement income each year could be: £180.00

...it's not going to go very far is it. :whistle:

The £180pa is of no consequence, but the £7530 could do a lot, nice motorbike, vintage car, a good cruise, a Rolex, a convertible and a grand european tour. I wouldn't bother with the £180.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My sons & daughter have no interest so I'll cash in my watches when I retire, they'll prove to have been a good investment.

I've bought them over a 25 year period for the purpose of selling if my pension wasn't decent, having started when I worked for a US firm all over Europe. Back then the idea of a decent pension wasn't great. I began with antique books, added watches and then paintings from emerging artists: some aren't worth anything but a few have increased in value.

The idea is I'll sell a painting, a watch or a couple of books a year to supplement pension earnings when I start a staggered retirement in 10 year's time. If that ever happens. If not my kids get to decide what to do with them.

Top Bottom