My world ends on January 10th. Urgent computer help needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I wonder if you could help with my looming software crisis. I want to use Windows Live Mail on three computers. Two of them need to have Windows 7 to be reinstalled because they are getting pretty sluggish, and one needs updating from XP to 7. I'm not going to have time to do that before 10th January, the date after which you will no longer be able to download Windows Essentials, the Microsoft freeware that has Windows Live Mail.

I have heard that there is an offline version that you can stash away so that you can install WLM on multiple PCs after the deadline has passed. I would be really grateful if anybody could get me out of this hole. Yes, I'm a dinosaur but I'm familiar with WLM, and I'll stick with it for now.

Thank you.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Here's the download link for Windows Live Mail (plus some other software):
http://techylab.com/387/windows-live-essentials-2011-2012-full-offline-installer/
On this page, just click the link titled "Windows Live Essentials 2012 Offline Installer [English]". It is the full installer, so is about 130MB +.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Actually, you might be better off downloading the 2011 version installer, as I just noticed this on the above web page:
My two-cents : Windows Live Essential 2012 installer is pretty buggy and erratic, unless you have all the latest updates installed on your Windows PC. So, it’s a better idea to go ahead and download 2011 installer, which installs smoothly and without any issues.
Alternatively: ensure that after you reinstall Windows 7, you install all its updates, and only then run the 2012 Essentials installer.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Silly question but why do you need Windows Live Mail?

I used to use eM Client which I found provided everything I needed (I've only changed because I'm once again covered by a MS policy that allows me full Outlook for £10)

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Silly question but why do you need Windows Live Mail?

I used to use eM Client which I found provided everything I needed (I've only changed because I'm once again covered by a MS policy that allows me full Outlook for £10)
It's just that I have WLM on two machines already and I'm vaguely familiar with it
, although I probably only use 5% of its features.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Get a Mac....

HTH!
White plastic puts a hurt on my eye, especially when promoted by men, old enough to know better, dressed entirely in black, waving their arms about and trying to inspire me. It's a sad sight.

Top Bottom