My Xmas present !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

riggsbie

Coffee and Recumbent Trikes.......
Hey Neil,

My Xmas pressie arrived from ICE (via Flying Furniture in Canberra) last night.......

I just got a black Vortex FS, planning on a 120km Charity ride on 2nd January with it, woo hoo....... ^_^

Had a quick buzz around the block and it's so much nicer than my 2006 Greenspeed GT5, so much smoother and drop dead gorgeous to look at, even my long suffering partner said, "That looks rather cool !!" - I do feel sorry for my trusty GT5 which got me through my back surgery rehab earlier this year and re-awoke me to cycling (recumbent style) !!

The forecast over the next week days is :sun: in Australia......

Have a good Christmas !!

Riggsbie

riggsbie

Hey Neil,

Hope you had a good New Year !!

Done over 300 km on my Vortex now..... On the 1st did a ride thru Melbourne (50km) along the waterfront & on 2nd a 70km charity ride in 42C heat for the Amy Gillette Foundation......

2 hr 35 min for 70km in 42c heat :-)

Got my new Vmax PB at 70.3kph as well......

Hope you got out on your new Catrike !

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1325653557.336561.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1325653557.336561.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 27
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1325653583.673146.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1325653583.673146.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 28
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1325653604.796033.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1325653604.796033.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
neil earley
Hi mate glad you are having a good time with your vortex, weather has been terrible here , rain and high winds !! Friday today and its sunny at 1st then rain coming in later so off for a 10 mile ride down Aberavon sea front cycle path yippee cant wait will hopefully send you some pics when I find out how to use my new drift vidio cam lol

riggsbie

Hey Neil,

We've had a good run of sunshine and got out every other day...... Did a nice 60km ride this morning along the coast..... With brown snake basking on the bitumen.....

Had a few more bits rattle themselves loose.... Victorian roads are so rough, basically even the nylocs need loctite on them !

Hopefully taking the Musashi fora squirt tomorrow if it does not rain, I think that secretly my red Cat is jealous of the Vortex !

Paul

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hey Neil,

We've had a good run of sunshine and got out every other day...... Did a nice 60km ride this morning along the coast..... With brown snake basking on the bitumen.....

Had a few more bits rattle themselves loose.... Victorian roads are so rough, basically even the nylocs need loctite on them !

Hopefully taking the Musashi fora squirt tomorrow if it does not rain, I think that secretly my red Cat is jealous of the Vortex !

Paul

Good, lol... glad to see the Moosh has not been forgotten Paul.

riggsbie

I love the Red Cat......

Unfortunately rain stopped play on Sunday morning :sad: So the Red Cat did not get an outing.....

Cycled to work this morning, 35km (each way) - had a really nice 27 kph average then I hit Geelong with it's very poorly synchronised traffic lights and my average dropped to 23 kph..... Must find a way which gets me on the 'major' roads inside of the branch/side roads........

Going home is a different route which involves a dis-used railway trail and a nice big hill by an old cement factory and then along the river for a few kays until I get back on the roads.......

Paul

Top Bottom