My Xmas present !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here it is my catrike 700 with a difference have gone for a velutop as well supplied by Ian of Wheels NV as he is the UK dealer. £390 fitted so think it will be a good investment living in rainy S Wales. The catrike colour is candy red so delivery is tomorrow cant wait

Attachments

• catrike 700.jpg
    catrike 700.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 101
  • catrike 700 with velutop.jpg
    catrike 700 with velutop.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 106

the dragster

very nice trike there. :rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That is very nice Neil.
How is the ride? It has no suspension by the looks of things. I bet it can shift though

Shaun

Founder
Looks fantastic - enjoy :smile:

I'm curious about visibility, especially as there appears to be some tubing framework that the "front screen" is attached to - you'll have to let us know how well it works, or better still if you have a head-cam post some ride footage ... :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Nice looking trike :thumbsup:

The velutop looks to be set very high - looks as if wet/spray off the road will be more of an issue than that which is coming from above. ^_^

Cue lovely dry summer .... :sun: :heat:

OP
OP
neil earley
Nice looking trike :thumbsup:

The velutop looks to be set very high - looks as if wet/spray off the road will be more of an issue than that which is coming from above. ^_^

Cue lovely dry summer .... :sun: :heat:
went for a short spin on my road, completely different to riding my musashi bent! found it more relaxed seating position, velotop was fine as it was snowing a little , cant wait till I get more confident in riding catrike

riggsbie

Coffee and Recumbent Trikes.......
Good work Neil !!

Sweet looking ride, so how long before you start getting up on 2 wheels (intentionally) ?

Watch that cornering, you'll be amazed the speed at which you can corner at !!

Have fun !!

OP
OP
neil earley
watched loads of clips on U tube and triking seems to vary from touring to unbelievable speeds !! dont think I am brave enough to tackle them steep hills yet.

byegad

Legendary Member
Steep hills are no trouble so long as the gearing is right. In extremis you can climb/stop/climb/stop until you get to the top. Unlike a recumbent bike where you really need to keep a minimum speed for balance you can climb as slow as you like.

Down hill take it steady and build the speed slowly. On roads I know I can just let the trike run, great fun and so far 50mph is my maximum. With a longer or steeper hill I'm sure I'd get more.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I so want a Catrike 700 just that I haven't got the space...
I borrowed a trike for a few months and loved it.

Top Bottom