Building my own Trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

ChrisKz

Just a small update . The 650lb rear suspension unit is a little too soft . Replaced with a 1000lb unit and it's spot on . Swing arm is done and sprayed . Had to put build on hold as Arthritis got bad . Started building a custom wiring loom for headlights , rearlights and indicators .

Jameshow

Veteran
Wow amazing what you have done!

Where is the battery pack going to go.

Interested in your lighting set up?

I'm wanting to make one for my touring bike with a power bank that sits under my saddle.

OP
OP
C

ChrisKz

Wow amazing what you have done!

Where is the battery pack going to go.

Interested in your lighting set up?

I'm wanting to make one for my touring bike with a power bank that sits under my saddle.

Not sure yet , I am thinking of behind the seat or maybe under the seat . The controller will be mounted near the front suspension . I may think about a small 12v lithium battery pack ( soley for the lighting curcuit ) I have tested the setup just using a vehicle starter battery pack and perfect . I bought all the lights, indicators etc from Amazon and Ebay along with silicone wiring as its way better than ordinary off the shelf wire/cable . Looks like I won't get to ride trike this summer/year as utility bills are getting a joke and everything just increases . so having to save money where I can and it's taking longer than originally planned

OP
OP
C

ChrisKz

Just an update . Not really done much since last posting . Arthritis has trully set in and having so much pain and poor movement I have had to "down tools" for a while . Really miss my hot tub as it was a great way of pain relief , but as the utility bills have sky rocketed . Had to drain and clean it , and switch it off untill electric bills come down to a reasonable level as I cannot see disability payments going up inline with cost of living . I hate this time of year . If I do find that I can do a little and worth posting some pics etc . will keep this thread updated . I do apologise for my absence as life somethimes throws a spanner in the works .

Top Bottom