MyHermes weight issues anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd explain to them the item has been weighed already at 1.9kg. If they cant provide evidence that the item now weights half a kilo more you won't be paying.

Then when you go to collect it take your scales with you and you can go all Schwarzenegger at them when it still weighs 1.9kg.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
What weight does Amazon give for the parcel?

I use Collect+ if I can. Not had an issue with Hermes though to date

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Couple of things to consider;
  1. How confident are you in the accuracy of your scales? Did it weigh 1.9somethingsomethingKG, but you weighed it five times and that was the most favourable reading so you went with that. Or, are you pretty damn sure that your scales are reliable, will give the same weight of an item consistently and regularly confirms the weight of known items or agrees with other scales?
  2. Were you weighing it on bathroom scales where the weight and accuracy are way outside the target operating zone of the scales?
  3. How much of your life do you want to waste arguing about these minor disappointments in life, because it can become a full time job and you do seem to post more than your fair share of similar tales....
  4. Next time go to the post office where the weight is checked and agreed at the point of acceptance, especially if you suspect you are right on the border line.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
[QUOTE 4866530, member: 45"]It was a Roberts radio. Roberts give the radio weight of 1.1kg. It was in its original box, with charger cable, and wrapped in a plastic bag. The packaging does not weigh more than the radio.[/QUOTE]
So did you weigh it on a reliable scale? 1.1kg doesn't sound like much for a radio.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
To answer the OP, no. I've used them a fair few times and never had any problems.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

gbb

Legendary Member
What weighing method do Hermes require you to give....just a weight, or volumetric weight...which is a different thing altogether, (IIRC)

screenman

Legendary Member
upload_2017-7-4_10-22-28.jpeg

What station was it tuned into?

Drago

Legendary Member
Email the other party, explain the situation and ask them to weigh the package when it arrives and photograph it in the scales. Confront them with that photo and your own affidavit, and tell them that to extract extra money in such a way is fraudulent. If you don't get refunded pronto you'll preport the fraud to plod.

Top Bottom