MyHermes weight issues anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I would imagine most scales are accurate to within a 25% margin of error ...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not being arsey. I am just trying to suggest that before you go in with all guns blazing it would be useful to have some confidence in the facts. You wouldn't be the first person to own a pair of wholly inaccurate or malfunctioning kitchen scales.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Not being arsey. I am just trying to suggest that before you go in with all guns blazing it would be useful to have some confidence in the facts. You wouldn't be the first person to own a pair of wholly inaccurate or malfunctioning kitchen scales.
Nor, to be fair, the first person to be misled by a manufacturer about the actual weight of a product. And yes it was Roberts in the most recent "HOW HEAVY?" incident.

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 4866651, member: 45"]I haven't. I've simply asked myhermes to account for their processes. That's not unreasonable. Though they seem to think that it is given their response, which is what I've picked them up on.

Without making any kind of assumption about any company, there's nothing to stop an organisation leaning on scales to raise a bit more money. I'm not keen on the onus to prove being one-sided, especially when the customer is over a barrel - pay up or we'll block your delivery.[/QUOTE]
One thing I love about Rose Bikes is that they give me a choice of courier at checkout time. Locally MyHerpes and ParcelFarce are useless.

Drago

Legendary Member
Get revenge. Box up some dog doo/rotting meat/other smelly substance, and dispatch it via their services. Deliberately under-weight it, then when you refuse to pay the extra it'll sit in their warehouse getting whiffy.

Drago

Legendary Member
And what qualifications and training has the operator had?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This is maybe the sort of thing where trading standards or a similar organisation is needed. An individual stands no chance and the effort, time and expense needed to make a claim far outweighs the £6 involved and they know it! If this has been reported by multiple complainants to trading standards then they may take up the cause on your behalf. Might be worth ringing trading standards and explaining your surety that they have either mis-weighed your item or are making a purely fraudulent charge on an innocent customer.
Otherwise , as I said up thread, let it go because life is too short.

gbb

Legendary Member
I still think you may have fallen foul of the volumetric or dimensional weight rule. I may be wrong, it was some time ago but I sent a load of stuff to Cyprus once and the best way to get best price was to use the smallest possible box....iirc they use the bigger value to calculate the price...pure weight or volumetric weight....theyre not the same. Put a small light item in a big box and you effectively pay for the volume its taking up...not the weight. Just a theory mind.
How big was the box ?

screenman

Legendary Member
This is maybe the sort of thing where trading standards or a similar organisation is needed. An individual stands no chance and the effort, time and expense needed to make a claim far outweighs the £6 involved and they know it! If this has been reported by multiple complainants to trading standards then they may take up the cause on your behalf. Might be worth ringing trading standards and explaining your surety that they have either mis-weighed your item or are making a purely fraudulent charge on an innocent customer.
Otherwise , as I said up thread, let it go because life is too short.

Trading Standards, I wish, first you have to get past the CAB, they may or may not pass your enquirey on and then maybe Trading Standards may get back to you.

Top Bottom