Myopia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Went to the opticians today and :wacko: damnit but my prescription has changed so I am even more of a specky radge than before to the tune of 3.5 dioptres (left) and 4 dioptres (right).

Who else is a specky myopic and how strong is your prescription?

yenrod

Melvil: you need a SHAVE ! :wacko:

Abitrary

I've got 20/20 vision. Always have had and always will.

I remember going to Spec Savers with a couple of speccy mates once, and when one got his new specs, the other was asking questions like

'can you see the leaves on the trees now properly?', and the other said 'oh yeah!!!!', and the original said 'it's amazing isn't it'.

I sat in the back seat of the car squinting my eyes and trying to imagine it all.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hubby needs them badlly ... he puts his glasses on to stumble to the bathroom to put in his contact lenses. He also gets free eye sight tests and £10 towards the cost of his glasses (those ones made out of special glass so they can be thinner and reduce the weight). He is over +10 in both eyes - I can't imagine what its like.

When the kids were small and there were occasional commic moments when in the rush he would drop his glasses and not know where they were whilst I had to deal with the child being sick etc, then come back and hunt down his glasses so he could help with the bed changing etc.

I am completely gleeky - 6.5 left, 4.0 right (I think?). Have been myopic since childhood and my prescription keeps increasing.

About to buy prescription cycling glasses from Optilabs in the hope that proper cycling classes will allow me to cycle at more than 25mph without eyes tearing up! Currently, all significant decents are with brakes on, as the faster I go, the less I can see!

andygates

You beat me - I'm 6.25, 4.0 but astigmatic like mad as well. Yay for toric contact lenses, that's what I say.

Top Bottom