Mysterious bleeping noise on my ride - Wahoo Elemnt bolt?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I've been using my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt for about a month now, love it so far. Around 25 miles in, for about 15 miles, I kept hearing this bleeping every 20 minutes or so that made me jump out of my skin - weirdly sounded like it was coming from near my head. I read that the Bolt does let you know audibly when you're off route, but I wasn't at the time - I was following the route on screen. Took me a while to work out that it was something on the bike making the noise, kept thinking I was being followed by E.T. or something. :laugh: Not sure if it was the Element making the noise and if so, why? If not, could it have been my Wahoo HRM, cadence sensor or speed sensor possibly? I haven't got any other electronic components on my bike.

13 rider

Guru
I have had on my Wahoo when following a route and it bleeps to say I'm off route when I not ,happens not very often though .
Was it a warning of a pending turn ?
Have you set any warning for heart rate ? . I've set the LEDs for heart rate not sure you can make it audibly .
Don't think the speed sensor make any noise

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I have had on my Wahoo when following a route and it bleeps to say I'm off route when I not ,happens not very often though .
Was it a warning of a pending turn ?
Have you set any warning for heart rate ? . I've set the LEDs for heart rate not sure you can make it audibly .
Don't think the speed sensor make any noise
Don't think it was a pending turn, unless I accidentally changed something and didn't realise. I haven't set any warnings for heart rate, but its possible it could have been preset. Having said that, it hasn't bleeped before when I've maxed out my HR and I didn't come close today..

figbat

Slippery scientist
On default settings if you are off-route it will bleep but also flash the row of LEDs red; it will then bleep again when you regain the track and the LEDs will flash green.

Could it alternatively have been you receiving a text message?

Top Bottom