Mystery bike mystery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddybus

Über Member
Still haven't found out what this bike is but I've started doing a bit to it... Removed the 27mm micro adjust seat post (with bent saddle bolt) to find it shimmed up with a Stella can...I guess its a 27.2 then?. Looking down the seat tube there appears to be a step inside, do you think this could be an old seat post?? Lol! it doesn't seem to want to come out so its gonna have to stay in. At least the saddle has come up well (after removing the hammerite from the rails! ) & treating the top.
IMG_20161214_192215.jpg
IMG_20161214_210519.jpg
IMG_20161214_205129.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Still haven't found out what this bike is but I've started doing a bit to it... Removed the 27mm micro adjust seat post (with bent saddle bolt) to find it shimmed up with a Stella can...I guess its a 27.2 then?. Looking down the seat tube there appears to be a step inside, do you think this could be an old seat post?? Lol! it doesn't seem to want to come out so its gonna have to stay in. At least the saddle has come up well (after removing the hammerite from the rails! ) & treating the top. View attachment 154268 View attachment 154269 View attachment 154270
It looks like an old (stuck) seatpost has been sawn off and hammered down to me. :rolleyes:

Lovely old Lycett saddle though. :becool:

Top Bottom