MYWIFI Devices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just got an EE Osprey 2 Mini wifi thingy for when we are not at home and at the caravan.

The site has wifi but the stingy owner won't pay for anything more than dial up speed, so it doesn't work.

My voda phone has no signal. It stops at the main road, but I get full data on the ruddy beach..

The little EE box works brilliantly and at 4G. Rolling month contract so will cancel for the winter.

The thingy isn't much bigger than a fag packet

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Just got an EE Osprey 2 Mini wifi thingy for when we are not at home and at the caravan.

The site has wifi but the stingy owner won't pay for anything more than dial up speed, so it doesn't work.

My voda phone has no signal. It stops at the main road, but I get full data on the ruddy beach..

The little EE box works brilliantly and at 4G. Rolling month contract so will cancel for the winter.

The thingy isn't much bigger than a fag packet

Do you mind if I ask how much the monthly payment is?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

For 15GB it's £20 a month but it's a rolling 30 days so can cancel at the end of the season and restart in March.

The box was £29.99

The first one was faulty but this replacement has been fine and as fast as home broadband.

Don't go mad on video and stuff. The kids have been told no you tube etc. General browsing is fine. If you have Windows 10 or others set the connection as metered. This will stop it downloading stuff

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

PS it was my wife's idea to get it (the family are on EE except me) but she was sick of the kids saying they have no data on the laptops (third world problems eh).

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Just check coverage if you need something like this.

EE is the only network that works where our van is. Others may be different.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
If you need very occasional use, a lot of phones will share their data connection - my Lumia will share over WiFi or Bluetooth. It seems to work well. Rather too well in fact: the girls convinced me to switch sharing on so they could play games on the trip to London this week. 'This is better than the home WiFi!' declared the eldest (my phone's on EE). Her wiping out most of my monthly quota watching Youtube meant it stayed off on the way home...

classic33

Leg End Member
Returned & cancelled due to poor or no signal. I'm 750 yards from the mast. And a clear line of sight.
Their coverage showing excellent coverage, compared to actual signal, no 4G signal here.
EE.JPG

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

No usable data signal at my static caravan in leafy north Yorkshire.

It being a large tin box probably doesn't help reception.

The site owner has at last installed wi-fi that works, after years of a very hit and miss system.

Charge is £100 a season, which seems a lot to me on top of what I already pay.

Caravan park owners are notorious for being greedy.

Chat around the neighbours and see what is the best reception

We bought an unlocked WiFi from Amazon, then just buy a data card from the company with the best signal. Must admit I usually end up using the nlimited data on my £ contract

Mind you I do have one issue with these ........ there is no longer the excuse of nipping down to the pub to use their WiFi to check the emails

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I'm on 3 and have paid £2 extra on my contract price per month for unlimited data.

I use my phone as mifi for the kids now when we're out and about to save their more modest PAYG allowance.

My 3 4G signal at home is better for browsing than our Plusnet router.

Top Bottom