N+1..+1...+1...+1...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Its getting silly ;)

Just a passing comment....the current stable in the shed at the moment runs like,
Bianchi road bike (mine)
Raleigh 531 road bike (my winter commuter)
Trek 7.1FX hybrid (mine)
Dawes kalahari hybrid (wifes)
Raleigh MTB (sons) built by me, although the pedal thread on one cranks gone now so i'm looking for a cheap replacement (carboot preferrably) Good strong bike tho, smooth and fast.
Cheap Sabre BSO (sons) ..if he can find it !!!! Left it at one of his mates, not sure if its stolen or borrowed !!

Just gave away an old but good Dawes Diploma ladies bike to my sister in law.

Just aquired from a friend a Raleigh Medale, needed a bit of work, now goes like a good un. Sons using it, he loves it...fast and smooth. Looks a bit dated, but sprayed the already rough wheels black to make it look a bit stealthy and modern. Covered the old school town type chrome handlebars with black tape to add to the effect.

Then i was advertising on Freegle for some 27 inch tyres for the above...and someone gave me a Raleigh Routier, in very good condition. Almost a carbon copy of the Medale , although with a horrid red paintjob which makes me think of a noddy bike :biggrin:

Funny thing, these old Raleighs look dated, but they still go better than many newer bikes. They'll last for years.

Oh....just remembered, ive got a Raleigh Kandara 501 MTB at work waiting for the day i can put it together....one fine day.

Got to start shifting some...bike overload at the moment :biggrin:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Na na naah !
We got more than that...

Mine:
Dawes Galaxy 25" (1988) tricked out with fast wheels, new drive train & STIs
Dawes Renown 25" age unknown now converted to fixed
Super Galaxy Tandem probably late 80's

SWMBO
Dawes Galaxy 21" (same vintage as mine) also new wheels & drive train but no STIs yet
Dawes Galaxy 21" - a "spare" that we picked for a song on e-bay. Another 1988, but converted to flat bar by previous owner.
Dawes Renown 21" Waiting "resurrection" either as triathlon machine, or possibly a fixed.

No1 son (16)
Dawes Galaxy 25" 1970s Restored to more or less original condition
Dawes Spectra - courtesy of BilboSmeggins

Daughter (14)
Apollo CX10S Hybrid
Dawes Galaxy 21" 1970's mostly new drive train and converted to 700c

No2 son (12)
Apollo MTB Horrible BSO
Dawes Super Galaxy 21" 1990's had appaling paint so stripped down and rattle-canned. Recipient of my first ever hand-built wheels, but otherwise still mostly original drive train

No3 Son (9)
Raleigh MTB bought second-hand and passed down....
& Stig of the Dump a TREK MTB frame that I rescued from the local council recycling centre and rebuilt with "bits" - more road oriented now.
But ... usually to be found as stoker on back of tandem

And
Three unstarted "project" frames.... for when the kids grow taller.

Why so many Galaxys? See my sig.... we're all Jogling in the summer, and the kids, having tried out their parent's ones say they prefer them to their own BSOs (!) and asked for their own.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
mine
revell 531c racer
mercian 531
john fern racer
marin bear valley
elswick hopper mistral (with pheonix 101 tubing)
raliegh mtb

partners
marin (cant remember model)

stepson
old giant mtb

stepdaughter
reebok mtb (never used in 4 yrs)

my daughter
apollo fs24

and about 20 various wheels in various sizes

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
porkypete said:
Na na naah !
We got more than that...

Mine:
Dawes Galaxy 25" (1988) tricked out with fast wheels, new drive train & STIs
Dawes Renown 25" age unknown now converted to fixed
Super Galaxy Tandem probably late 80's

SWMBO
Dawes Galaxy 21" (same vintage as mine) also new wheels & drive train but no STIs yet
Dawes Galaxy 21" - a "spare" that we picked for a song on e-bay. Another 1988, but converted to flat bar by previous owner.
Dawes Renown 21" Waiting "resurrection" either as triathlon machine, or possibly a fixed.

No1 son (16)
Dawes Galaxy 25" 1970s Restored to more or less original condition
Dawes Spectra - courtesy of BilboSmeggins

Daughter (14)
Apollo CX10S Hybrid
Dawes Galaxy 21" 1970's mostly new drive train and converted to 700c

No2 son (12)
Apollo MTB Horrible BSO
Dawes Super Galaxy 21" 1990's had appaling paint so stripped down and rattle-canned. Recipient of my first ever hand-built wheels, but otherwise still mostly original drive train

No3 Son (9)
Raleigh MTB bought second-hand and passed down....
& Stig of the Dump a TREK MTB frame that I rescued from the local council recycling centre and rebuilt with "bits" - more road oriented now.
But ... usually to be found as stoker on back of tandem

And
Three unstarted "project" frames.... for when the kids grow taller.

Why so many Galaxys? See my sig.... we're all Jogling in the summer, and the kids, having tried out their parent's ones say they prefer them to their own BSOs (!) and asked for their own.

:smile: :biggrin::biggrin:

Will1985

Über Member
Haha - my N+1 has just expanded too. Dolan Pre Cursa frame for track and TTs arrived a couple of hours ago. A Ribble Ultralite frame for cheap crashability in road racing will also be on its way once the size is back in stock.

D

Deleted member 1258

You lot make me look positively poor, I have a Dawes Giro, a Pearson touche and an elderly Raleigh Aveo and that's it.

PpPete

Legendary Member
threebikesmcginty said:
Bluddy hell PP!! No1 son's a tall lad if he's on 25" frame at 16 :thumbsup:

He tried mine. liked it, wanted his own just like it. It was too big for him when I did it up 18 months ago, but it was he wanted. He's just coming up to 6ft now. Seatpost keeps on growing...

Top Bottom