n+1?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Someone left this outside my front-door on Friday night...

zk68go.jpg

It's got a puncture and the brakes don't work, so it's not in ideal shape, but underneath it's a decent Gazelle made with 531 tubing. So far, no one has come to pick it up and I'm wondering what to do with it.

Finders keepers!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Keep it safe for a week or so... you'll get a confused looking person at your door soon enough asking if they'd left their bike at your house on Friday.

Happened to me when I lived in a farm cottage just by the Perth Road dual carriageway near Errol 13 miles from Dundee... and we lived in the middle of nowhere! No lights on the bike but he'd been so drunk he didn't care when he fell off. Took him a fortnight to track down his route home!

OP
OP
U

User169

Keep it safe for a week or so... you'll get a confused looking person at your door soon enough asking if they'd left their bike at your house on Friday.

Happened to me when I lived in a farm cottage just by the Perth Road dual carriageway near Errol 13 miles from Dundee... and we lived in the middle of nowhere! No lights on the bike but he'd been so drunk he didn't care when he fell off. Took him a fortnight to track down his route home!

We live on one of the main student routes between town and the university, so you could well be right! I've put it in the garden now, repaired the puncture and given the chain and gears a quick clean.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Student route = student

Ladies bike = young student lady

Nice deed = ? :hugs: :rose: & :girldance:

Alternatively it'll belong to a hairy bloke who can't get his leg over the crossbar :tongue:

OP
OP
U

User169

Don't get too excited chaps!

The university is a technical university and has a notorious high percentage of male students. They don't seem to distinguish between mens/womens bikes so much either.

And for Archie's info, the architecture dept is massive - 2500 students, i think.

Top Bottom