N-1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Just had this email from my Monday night ride associate Jim, explaining why he's bailed. A problem with the bike carrier on his car apparently, nothing a drop of wd40 won't sort out........

standalone

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Ive bought bikes from Halfords that come in a worse state than that.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Was it a "driving under something low and forgetting the bike is on top" type problem with the rack?
Now I've put out the taster, the full story as related is that his carrier came off, bike and all, into the path of a Subaru Forester that hit it at about 60mph. Everyone is very relieved that the damage was to cars and bikes only as it could have been so much worse. So, in the words of Hill St Blues Sgt Esterhaus, "lets be careful out there".

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'd also like to point out that I've refrained from my usual constant stream of p***-taking as he's pretty upset. That doesn't mean you have to hold back though.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A lass I know had her bikes & carrier fall off on the A14. Result? A brand new, never ridden bike and her old one totally trashed.
Plod happened upon the scene and she got 3 points and a £60 fine for 'insecure load'.

AndyRM

XOXO
Chain's slack.

sickboyblue

A lass I know had her bikes & carrier fall off on the A14. Result? A brand new, never ridden bike and her old one totally trashed.
Plod happened upon the scene and she got 3 points and a £60 fine for 'insecure load'.
Wasn't that on motorway cops or something similar a couple of years ago?

Top Bottom