N-1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
A lass I know had her bikes & carrier fall off on the A14. Result? A brand new, never ridden bike and her old one totally trashed.
Plod happened upon the scene and she got 3 points and a £60 fine for 'insecure load'.

And so she should have (got the fine and points)! Could have been very nasty for any motorbiker following her. Bliddy cyclists, they shouldn't be allowed on the roads :whistle:. Especially when they is a girrul.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
One of the reasons I dislike roof mounted carriers. What's wrong with removing the front wheel and sticking the bike in a boot with old sheets to protect the car's upholstery?

There seems to be a lot of posh cars on the road with roof mounted carriers. Is it fair to say that these are nouveau cyclists making lifestyle statements?

Brandane

Legendary Member
One of the reasons I dislike roof mounted carriers. What's wrong with removing the front wheel and sticking the bike in a boot with old sheets to protect the car's upholstery?

There seems to be a lot of posh cars on the road with roof mounted carriers. Is it fair to say that these are nouveau cyclists making lifestyle statements?

The same ones who NEVER remove the rack?
Despite the fact the their lifestyle statement is costing them £££ in lost mpg.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don't know much about bikes me'sen but I'll stick me neck out and say that bike was buggered.

Top Bottom