N+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
We used to get 2 full suss bikes on the back of my old Mini turbo. The bike frames were wider than the car (even without the wheels).

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
...the number of fancy VW T5 vans in the carparks is astonishing...

I never seem to notice VW T5s... until Im at a trail centre. Then they are everywhere, like black Vauxhall Corsas at a McDonalds at the weekend.

Have to admit to liking them (T5s, NOT corsas)

akb

Veteran
I have yet to visit an MTB centre that has height restrictions at the entrance to the car park (Gisburn, Llandegla, Cwmcarn, Sherwood Pines, Clayton Vale (M/cr), Phillips Park (Prestwich), Cannock Chase). Given the intended users of the car park and the likelihood of roofracks and day vans (the number of fancy VW T5 vans in the carparks is astonishing). It would be a pish-poor design flaw if height barriers were installed and one could argue almost negligent of the facility providers.

Having said that, if you think you have such poor awareness of the conditions around you as you drive are you sure you should actually be driving? :tongue:

You need to explore more; its not just MTB centres that are great for Mountain biking. :thumbsup:

KneesUp

Guru
There are relatively few advantages to owing a 10 year old Citroen Picasso, but being reliable (honestly) and having an interior that is fairly durable in a car that is basically worthless make it great for putting bikes in. You can easily get three bikes and three people inside it.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Works for me - clicky :smile:
I like that, they used a picture of my old car :thumbsup:
Eakrigg.jpg

Top Bottom