N+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motozulu

Über Member
Luckily enough I can ride to Cannock trails - don't touch a road either, down the cut nip through town and onto the heritage trail other side of the park and I'm there - 2.5 miles.

Going to Degla etc though I have a very cheap and nasty 2nd hand Halfords rack on the back. Not very happy with that set up tbf but as most of my riding is Cannock cheekies it'll do for now. Not sure I want to trust the Chief on the back of it though, tbf.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
PS the Skoda looks a real nice bit of kit. Also what does 'N+1' mean? :blush:

It is an calculation which usually refers to the correct number of bikes someone needs.

N = the number of bikes you own.
+1 = the number of bikes you need.

So in this situation, it means I have brought an additional car. In effect I already own a car and have added another.

AndyRM

XOXO
It is an calculation which usually refers to the correct number of bikes someone needs.

N = the number of bikes you own.
+1 = the number of bikes you need.

So in this situation, it means I have brought an additional car. In effect I already own a car and have added another.

Does S-1 come into play with cars? Or is it just bikes.

@Motozulu

S = the number of spouses you have
-1 = how many you will have left when they get fed up of your ridiculous bike collection.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've just brought a new vehicle specifically to carry my MTB to trail parks. I never expected to do this when getting into MTB

How do you get your bike to trail parks and MTB venues?
You've reminded me that I need to fix the brakes on my MTB and get back out on it!

I tend not to go to 'trail parks' and 'MTB venues' - I ride my MTB on bridleways in the countryside and I ride short distances on roads to get to them! It does help living in an area blessed with great offroad routes. For instance - I am only a couple of miles from the Mary Towneley Loop and I only have to ride about 600 yards to get onto the Rochdale canal towpath, then ride along that to get onto the Loop.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I can somehow get two mountains bikes in here. Its a bit of a struggle mind you!
IMG_0609.JPG

Cubist

Still wavin'
Salesman was not happy when one of the tests I had was getting my bike in it.
DSC_0003-2.jpg

MikeW-71

Veteran
Quite a few low entrances to the parks round here; I'd rather rear rack as I am almost guaranteed to forget that the bikes are on the roof!
+1

The entrance to my parking area is height restricted and I know exactly what I would end up doing at some point..... :banghead:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Quite a few low entrances to the parks round here; I'd rather rear rack as I am almost guaranteed to forget that the bikes are on the roof!
I have yet to visit an MTB centre that has height restrictions at the entrance to the car park (Gisburn, Llandegla, Cwmcarn, Sherwood Pines, Clayton Vale (M/cr), Phillips Park (Prestwich), Cannock Chase). Given the intended users of the car park and the likelihood of roofracks and day vans (the number of fancy VW T5 vans in the carparks is astonishing). It would be a pish-poor design flaw if height barriers were installed and one could argue almost negligent of the facility providers.

Having said that, if you think you have such poor awareness of the conditions around you as you drive are you sure you should actually be driving? :tongue:

Top Bottom