N+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Good idea about the coaster brake. Does it have a rear brake at all at the moment. I can see two brake levers, but not any rear brake pads.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Not made of carbon fibre ... no SPD pedals ... no disc brakes ... no riser bars or an aheadset ... no front and rear mech ... doesn't compute ...

*brain melts*
wacko.gif

:tongue:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
They aren't at the seat stays like a modern bike, but at the chainstays - easier for routing the rods.

Oh yes, I can just about see them. I don't suppose the wheels and all the bits on the bike are eight-five years old, so the coaster brake hub idea still seems sounds.

OP
OP
brokenbetty

brokenbetty

Über Member
Well I've been commuting on her all week and I'm completely hooked. She suits the way I like to ride. In a weird way I even like the rod brakes - knowing the brakes aren't sharp is making me slow down, look ahead further and leave loads of stopping distance, with the result that I'm riding very smoothly and relaxedly. I guess it's the spike in the steering wheel effect. I haven't risked them in the wet though.

And this may be a coincidence, but for the first time in years I don't have a bad back in the morning.

I've called her Duchess :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I've been commuting on her all week and I'm completely hooked. She suits the way I like to ride. In a weird way I even like the rod brakes - knowing the brakes aren't sharp is making me slow down, look ahead further and leave loads of stopping distance, with the result that I'm riding very smoothly and relaxedly.

Looks like true love then ..... she does look beautiful...

Top Bottom