n+B !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Indeed. Mine is going cycletouring in Germany next week.

Kell

Veteran
I see you went for a Monkii clip and cage too.

Handy bit of kit. Just about to swap my water bottle out for a battery-holding bottle for my lights.

IMG_6499.JPG

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thoughts after a week:
I've been using it for a short-ish commute (~5km) that is preceded by a long rail journey with two changes of train, lots of stairs and escalators.

The fold is a thing of beauty. I just love how it all scrunches up to nothing and can disappear under my desk.
The ride is a bit unfamiliar, but really nice. I can cruise comfortably along at quite a lick, not much different to my "proper" bike. It's really quite a different experience of riding. And a very nice one at that.
I have 3x2 gearing. I've tried it out on a steep hill near home and got up OK. The commute is flat so I can stay in the big ring (sprocket) and just flip up and down the hub gears.
It's not light. It is a bit of a heavy lump to lug up around stations. But then, I suppose it's a bike. A proper bike. How much did I expect it to weigh?
The four "easy wheels" don't steer very well, so I often carry it across concourses too.
I'm carrying my stuff in a rucksack. I will investigate mounted bags if my work placement lasts any significant period of time.
My wife can ride it quite comfortably. Given that there's a big height difference between us, that's quite something.
Why aren't all bikes like this?

Can't wait to give it a longer run out. Maybe a 30 miler just to see...

mustang1

Guru
Cool bike. I saw a lady a few days ago on the train with her (non brompton) bike rides up. The poc folded took up almost as much space as a brompton, FOLDED!

She stepped away from the bike and I stayed in position staring at the monstocity before I realised other passengers might mistake the ugly thing to be mine.

Kell

Veteran
My wife can ride it quite comfortably. Given that there's a big height difference between us, that's quite something.
Why aren't all bikes like this?

Can't wait to give it a longer run out. Maybe a 30 miler just to see...

My 10 year old daughter can ride mine comfortably too. It's almost a great bike to buy a kid as they'd never grow out of it.

Except for:

a) the cost
b) she thinks it looks spoddy... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom