N

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
dan_bo said:
Compulsive obsessive?

No thank you, I don't want to spoil my dinner....

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
dan_bo said:
My good lady won't hang the washing out unless there's an even number of togs in the basket. Straight up.

If I go to the pub and have a packet of peanuts with my beer, I always make sure I eat the half ones first and save the ones still together as whole nuts, to the end...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Landslide said:
Yyy, Y yyyyyyy yyyyy yyyyy yy yy y yyyyyy yyyy yyyy y yy yy...

(I'm feeling positive...)

He said wisely.

:smile::biggrin:Please join me and Arch and the Doctor in the Tea Thread.
Steven Seagal and David Tennant, :biggrin:
I will be nice to Arch and she can have David Tennant :tongue:

NickM

Veteran
TheDoctor said:
I think you're 2 short there!:smile:
No, no, no! If he* was 19 in 1960 and is only 46 now, how come I was three in 1960 and am now 50? I've been cheated :tongue:

And I'll have you know I'm not that short...

*If it's an average cyclist it's mainly a "he"

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Should we view this as an encouraging start to your posts on here? :tongue:

Or could you enlighten me as to its meaning?

:biggrin::wacko::angry::wacko::angry::wacko::angry:

Oi, someone put a load of ns on here as their first post, and then deleted it after I put on my post - come back - you know who you are. :angry::biggrin::biggrin:

* few minutes later *
I have now worked out who you are, I have ways and means,:smile:. We are all very friendly on here really. :angry:

Pete

Arch said:
Nnn, N nnnnnnn nnnnn nnnnn nn nn n nnnnnn nnnn nnnn n nn nn...
[Sherlock Holmes hat on (and pipe)]Well, let us see, my dear Watson. The single N after the comma is capitalized, signifying that it probably stands for "I". Therefore the 7-letter word following is probably a verb. Let us think: how many 7-letter verbs can we think of? The three-letter word before the comma will surely be an adverb or a conjunction - "Now" springs to mind. Consider the single 'n' third word from the end. It probably stands for 'a' - therefore the two-letter word following it must be a noun beginning with a consonant. Have you not solved it yet, my dear Watson....?[Sherlock hat off].

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pete said:
[Sherlock Holmes hat on (and pipe)]Well, let us see, my dear Watson. The single N after the comma is capitalized, signifying that it probably stands for "I". Therefore the 7-letter word following is probably a verb. Let us think: how many 7-letter verbs can we think of? The three-letter word before the comma will surely be an adverb or a conjunction - "Now" springs to mind. Consider the single 'n' third word from the end. It probably stands for 'a' - therefore the two-letter word following it must be a noun beginning with a consonant. Have you not solved it yet, my dear Watson....?[Sherlock hat off].

Very good! I've been doing a few of those codeword puzzles recently - you know where each letter has a number and you have crossword type grid with the numbers and a couple given to start you off and you have to fill in the words as you work out which number is which letter... Anyway, there's a lot of similar reasoning - must be a vowel, or can only be certain letters, because it's double...

With regard to the verb, you'd need to know the tense.... Now and I are correct. (and I've given it away elsewhere now...) But a isn't - that's a bit unfair, because it's not normally used on it's own. But the context might give it away....:biggrin:

Top Bottom