Nail Emergency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Unbelievable

It does make you wonder how these people manage to make it through the day.

Eg...…..

It gives new meaning to...……….
"My Finger Is Killing Me"
My Finger Is Killing Me.jpg

And...……...
49a8f32ad99a4ad076ccd7dfc5c5deda.jpg have-youever-listened-to-someone-for-awhile-and-wondered-pol-21241053.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Seen the soon to be Department Manager, sat in their own department waiting area, having stubbed their toe.

Complaining about the waiting time on their phone, to the person they were meeting.

tom73

Guru
Sadly it happens more than you think. When Mrs 73 was training she went out with an ambo crew for the day 4 calls over the shift and not a single one was in need of treatment. One was as it happens a broken finger nail. You even get them at events too turning up at FA post's and wasting time with stuff like this.

Sad truth is we don't value our health care or the ones that provide it. We want it to be instant and at our beck and call even for stupid pointless stuff like this.

The perception is way out of line with the reality. A and E and G.P's are full of worried well, or "I've got a cut finger" "oh right when did you that" last Thursday come's the reply. Or some yummy mummy who's little Johnny has a bit of cold. The list go's on just watch any fly on the wall GP or A and E show and you see it all the time.

Then we have the "Granny dumping" Just dump the oldie in A and E as the rest of the family is off on holiday for 2 week's. Mrs 73 had a couple of regulars who 2 or 3 times year ended up on her ward. One was a former GP who's wife was always off on holiday.

Some cases of pointless call's to 999 are often mental health related and they need help to stop them going it or limit the times per day they can call. Mrs 73 had one who was always phoning so the court order limit him to 10 calls a day. But most are just plan stupid or selfish or both and need dealing with accordingly.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
The one that sticks in my mind is Linda Lusardi's call to the police via 999 asking for permission to drive along the hard shoulder of the M25 for two junctions because she was running late for the panto she was appearing in and traffic was really slow. How idiotic can you get?

Even after police criticised her misuse of the 999 system she wouldn't accept she'd done anything wrong.

Top Bottom