Nairo Quintana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
There are 15km of cobbles out of a total of 3656km. And they come on stage 5... The only bearing they'll have on the GC is if one of the main contenders crashes.

The 14km climb to Hautacam on stage 18 is much more likely to influence the final outcome.

thom

____
There are 15km of cobbles out of a total of 3656km. And they come on stage 5... The only bearing they'll have on the GC is if one of the main contenders crashes.

The 14km climb to Hautacam on stage 18 is much more likely to influence the final outcome.
An non-GC comment : it may be that good cobbles riders like Cancellara will be focused on team duties on the day. So perhaps someone like Stybar &/or Boonen operating in a team with possibly less focused GC ambitions (ok they do have Uran Uran), may make the protagonists in that stage different to that in a typical Paris-Roubaix.

Hont

Guru
The only bearing they'll have on the GC is if one of the main contenders crashes.

That's the real reason the GC contenders don't like cobbled stages. Recall Cancellara delightedly saying how he would put the Schleck's in his back pocket and how it actually worked out for Frank in 2010.

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
I forgot all about this thread and forgot about having a bit of money on Quintana. Have I missed out for the Giro I wonder :wacko:

Top Bottom