Name of screw/bolt in Shimano disc brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mtonga

Hey there
I'm struggling to find a name of highlighted part..

Inked20230527_143712.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Which model of brake is it? Shimano tech docs usually give detailed diagrams with parts list and part numbers so if you can get the model i.d from the caliper (it should be stamped/cast/engraved into the caliper body somewhere) you should be able to pull up the tech doc online.

Reactions: C R

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If I had to explain it to my lbs it would be along the lines of; "The big bloody bolt on the caliper"...... "Yes, I've knackered it tinkering.".... "I know, I know, it costs me more when you have to fix my tinkering." .... "Great, I'll be in in 10 minutes, get kettle on, I'll have a brew while you fix it"

Sorry, I've no idea what it is called

classic33

Leg End Member
Inner pad adjuster?
54215_6.jpg

OP
OP
mtonga

mtonga

Which model of brake is it? Shimano tech docs usually give detailed diagrams with parts list and part numbers so if you can get the model i.d from the caliper (it should be stamped/cast/engraved into the caliper body somewhere) you should be able to pull up the tech doc online.

Tektro MD-M280

Still struggling to find that the exact screw/bolt to buy online...

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Are you in the UK? If so their UK distributor is upgradebikes. Give them a ring, chances are they will have spares.

CONTACT​

Postal​

Upgrade Bikes Ltd
Units A-B
Star Road
Partridge Green
West Sussex
RH13 8RA
United Kingdom

Phone​

Tel: +44(0)1403 711 611

Email​

Info@Upgradebikes.co.uk

If you aren't in the UK, then Tektro worldwide distributor list can be found here https://www.tektro.com/mobile/service.php?t=2

classic33

Leg End Member
Part number is partly visible in your photo.

You also appear to missing the cover, that screws into that piece.

Top Bottom