Name One Song...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2 that really take me back to my youth. Down Down by Status Quo, I remember head banging to it with my best mate in my bedroom when 15, we played that record to death. Then Mongoloid by Devo. It was on the jukebox of my local pub for probably 10 years, it got played to death as well, originally as it was good then by numerous people just to piss other people off as it got played every night for years.

Drago

Legendary Member

View: https://youtu.be/ntG50eXbBtc

This was never off the radio in summer 1983, was the soundtrack to a memorable holiday in Devon, me & my mate drove down in my old heap of a car & camped by my parents caravan, sun, sea & young ladies was great, yes I was 17.

Just after i left the Army I was asked to look after a mates BMW K75LT while he went on holiday. It was the full touring model with the barn door fairing, heated grips and seat, and...a stereo.

Anyway, just after id picked it up from him I was riding home with the radio blasting out some Bruce Springsteen, and I was rolling along looking pretty damn cool. Then, as I rolled onto a petrol station forecourt for a splash and dash, Gold by Spandau Ballet came on the radio. I was desperately fumbling at the unfamiliar controls with my Frank Thomas mitts and it was about 20 seconds before id managed to silence the embarassing din, but by then the damage was done and my cool image was completely erased.

D

Deleted member 1258

I don't think I could pick just one, Games People Play by Joe South always reminds me of a good summer.

Top Bottom