Name One Song...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Remember that when they played that on Juke Box Jury!
Juke Box Jury on a Saturday night,followed by Journey To The Bottom Of The Sea. Or was that later in the decade? 🤔 Maybe a few years later as it's in colour.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
The Fortunes.
You've Got Your Troubles
The 1st real girl friend that I loved.
I loaned her that record.
The next week she dumped me and I never got the record back.

By then I had met her mate and some time later we started 'courting'**. 55 years later we are still married:rolleyes:
**for you whipper snappers courting=going out with ^_^

Has to be the rowing boat song , Oops outside your head ^_^
I remember that song at nightclubs (I was never a clubber but me and my mates always thought/hoped that after 3-4 hours in the pub) we’d have a good chance with the fairer sex - yeah, fat chance) and when that song came on, there was a battle to get into one of the boat teams and start rowing. 🚣🏼🤪 WTF was that all about? 🤔

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I remember that song at nightclubs (I was never a clubber but me and my mates always thought/hoped that after 3-4 hours in the pub) we’d have a good chance with the fairer sex - yeah, fat chance) and when that song came on, there was a battle to get into one of the boat teams and start rowing. 🚣🏼🤪 WTF was that all about? 🤔
And you always tried to get in between two of the fairer sex as well:laugh:.
Who cares what it was about it was fun

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Ha, I did that with Fleetwood Mac's "Albatross", lying on the floor with my hands cupped behind my ears with it on full volume on my dad's radiogram [as it was called- a sideboard-sized radio and record player with stereo speakers].
Also "Equinox"- Jean Michel Jarre, "I'm Not In Love"- 10cc and "Lady Jane"- Rolling Stones.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Impossible to pick out any one tune, but anything by ELO, Queen, Quo, Bowie, The Who, The Jam, Supertramp, The Stranglers, Thin Lizzy, The Motors, and a host of others. They all take me back to much simpler times with no responsibilities when any money I had was invested on enjoyment rather than being frittered away on life's necessities as it is now!

Top Bottom