Names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MartinG

OK, she's arrived (my beautiful red Fuego) but what should I call her? Some people have it easy - you buy a red baron and the name comes to mind fairly easily (!), but how did you all come up with names for your steeds?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
BOB is a Big Orange Beastie, aka Panzerfiets (as named by BentMikey)

The white one doesn't really have a name. Skinny Bint from time to time, but mostly just 'the white one'.

My uprights all had names.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I just have "The Red One" my Spesh Allez Elite, "The Fixie" (EBC Revolution Track) and "The Crapster" (my old Halfrauds hybrid for sh*te weather).... the bikes all have their own personality and after much time in their company you get to know their habits and nuances... yeah, right, they're the names my Wife gave them (apart from the last one which just seemed apt). :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
My old Halfords ladies bike, that got me into cycling, was Mithras, because it had lots of lights, and he was a god of light. The Galaxy is Mercury, because he was faster than Mithras. Mephistopheles, the Giant FCR is mostly red, and a bit devilish. Monty (the winter hack) is short for Montgomery - steadfast and reliable for winter. Midge the Catrike is short for Midget, coz he's little.

The M theme just sort of happened with the first couple, and it's stuck.

Fiona N

Veteran
Naming bikes - what a strange idea :huh:

Surely they come with names - mine are 'the windcheetah', 'the ribble', 'the hewitt' and 'the mountain bike', for example. Why would I need others unless, of course, I had two hewitts and then one would have to be 'the old hewiit' and the other, 'the new hewitt' ;)

I tend to call mine an HGB.

H = Heavy, because its probably in just under 50kg with the trailer attached.
G = Goods, because the trailer can carry ~100 liters of shopping.
B = Bike, It should really be T for Trike but B rhymes better.

markg0vbr

Über Member
the quest is 6054 zulu film thing. the giro is a bent and yellow so,,,, the flying nana [tolling of lonley bell at tumble weed slowly rolls past]

Top Bottom