Nanoflex V Sorpasso

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shanta

Regular
Just wondered what peoples experience is of Castelli Nanoflex and Sorpasso bib tights are. Both are roubaix and both seem to repel water. Also the Mrs is after some good winter bibs but Castelli done make nano bibs for women which is a bit odd as they do make Nano tights.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I use Nanoflex bibs, knees and leg warmers. I am always surprised about how well they actually do. I save them for the wet days only. I don't find them as warm as full roubaix longs, but they are ideal on the wet days. I have not experinced 2 hours of downpour though. I have never used Sorpasso, so I cannot comment.

mattobrien

Guru
The pad is better in the sorpasso and they are generally a higher quality bit of kit. I have got Sorpasso tights, Sorpasso wind tights and nanoflex 3/4 and nanoflex shorts.

I found the nanoflex kit works better when new at repealing water. I probably need to give them a cool iron or a session in the tumble dryer to reactivate the waterproofness

mattobrien

Guru
On the Castelli site the Sorpassos are rates 0-15 degrees and the nanoflex are rated 6-18 degrees.

I have worn the Sorpassos in sub zero without any problems and without bein cold. Personally I find it more about keeping the torso warm and the heat flows elsewhere.

Top Bottom