National Cycle Crime Survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fenrider

Is't far you ride?
How many bikes do I have? How much are they worth? Where do I keep them? How do I secure them? I don't think I want you to know, thanks!

If you require answers to demographic questions, they should be the first not the last questions in the survey.
There is more than one question that has a box to enter "other", but no matching checkbox.

Do you even bother testing these before sending it out?

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
If you require answers to demographic questions, they should be the first not the last questions in the survey.
There is more than one question that has a box to enter "other", but no matching checkbox.

Do you even bother testing these before sending it out?

Yes, a brilliant bit of design.

It's not called SurveyMonkey for nothing. :ohmy:

Attachments

• 2017 National Cycle Survey.jpg
    2017 National Cycle Survey.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 81

Fenrider

Is't far you ride?
I completed it, I don't mind stating how many bikes I have etc, it's not as if they asked for your address.

Very true. My response was probably just my normal cynicism kicking in. Having said that, I do wonder if it's possible for a criminal to find a way of matching an e-mail address to a postal address.

Very true. My response was probably just my normal cynicism kicking in. Having said that, I do wonder if it's possible for a criminal to find a way of matching an e-mail address to a postal address.
That's up to you and how you've shared it. Got to google, do a search with your email address in "double quotes" and part of your street address. See if it gets any hits.

There could be a stolen database out there that has your email and address in it, but I don't see how this survey reduces your security . The person that has that information is not going around to your house to steal your locked bikes, he's stealing identity - or someone else's on the list.

If someone is looking for poorly locked bikes, the easiest way would be any high street or train station, rather than creating an internet survey and then piecing together the information to find ... um, what?

But I guess if you are concerned about security, you should probably get a second email address to use on throw away things like this.

classic33

Leg End Member
I completed it, I don't mind stating how many bikes I have etc, it's not as if they asked for your address.
Is your bike registered?

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, with my insurance company and with the company that I bought the lock from, I think it's also registered with some bike register thing. And I have also applied smartwater that I had left over
You noticed the name in the top left-hand side.

Top Bottom