National Express - anyone got the number?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I nearly got taken out by National Express coach K2 VOY who suddenly turned left into the bus/bike lane into Leeds due to traffic this morning. He then stopped in the open road about 250 mts later so he could cross 3 lanes of traffic, holding everyone up and again nearly causing an accident.

My way out of the 1st incident was to swerve into the main carriageway - otherwise I'd have been bus fodder.

I've got the reg and driver's description, but can't find the "Well Driven?" number to report it.

Does anyone have it? Edit - got it: 0800 22 55 33

national-express-35997076.jpg

Why does no-one photograph the back of buses. It's always the front - when us cyclists only ever see the back of them.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I don't like coaches. Driving standards are generally shocking. Good luck.

StuartG

slower but further
In defence i have seen (as a passenger) quite brilliant and cycle friendly driving on National Express. Drivers vary and who is actually operating the bus is another. National Express has a rather complicated franchising operation.

Best to regard NE as a 'brand' and ticket issuing company. Go after the operator ie the driver's employer.

classic33

Leg End Member
A few more you can try for N.E.. Some you will be asked how you got them.
01962 888888, 01582 2453437, 0121 6251278, 01582 7844440, 01582 415841.

Call: 08717 818181
Write to us at:
Customer Relations - Coach
National Express
1 Hagley Road‚
Edgbaston
Birmingham B16 8TG

classic33

Leg End Member
Vehicle Details
Fleet No. 7092
Registration K2 VOY
Chassis Volvo B12B
Body Plaxton Panther
Branding National Express
Depot Chester-le-Street
Paint 2008
Year 2005
Refurb No

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I nearly got rear ended by an inattentive and red light jumping NE driver on Hyde park corner a month or two ago. Not happy.

classic33

Leg End Member
Their Operations Manager lives just off the A629(SW side) on the Huddersfield side of junction 24 of the M62. If you want his address.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

I've had a response by letter from them. It's a standard-style letter but states that "The details of the incident have been brought to the attention of the driver concerned who has been reminded ..." etc.

However - if it's on his file and other incidents happen I hope it'll have been worth it.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Anyone know any bus drivers and know if this stuff actually gets acted on or if it's all just a poor deceptive PR exercise?
I got one, from 'First', responding to my phone call.... I contacted them through an online contact form:thumbsdown:

classic33

Leg End Member
I've had a response by letter from them. It's a standard-style letter but states that "The details of the incident have been brought to the attention of the driver concerned who has been reminded ..." etc.

However - if it's on his file and other incidents happen I hope it'll have been worth it.

Where was the letter sent from. Head office, depot or London address. The latter have a standard response letter which they use, whatever the complaint.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Where was the letter sent from. Head office, depot or London address. The latter have a standard response letter which they use, whatever the complaint.

There's no address on it - but it was postmarked Selkirk. I'm guessing that's the depot address, which means I hope they've spoken with the driver.

classic33

Leg End Member
With abit of luck. But I've had trouble with them in the past which is why I had unlisted numbers & know where their operations manager lives. Can end up digging till they get fed up at times.

Who knows, maybe they are being genuine.

Top Bottom