National hill climb champs 2023 the struggle!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's a mad, mad event. I know @Legs was there - anyone else?

BeardOnABike's Youtube video (the 'Rider's View' above) was excellent and I liked the drone he had flying about, which a few people spotted. He was in the warm-up area before his ride, as were many. I was down in the warm-up/start zone for about an hour, but didn't get to see the "chaos" near the finish.

For anyone who's wondering "what are those idiots doing?" and/or "I'd like to try" next year's is up Prospect Hill in Northumberland, last Sunday of October. Qualifying and entries are via Cycling Time Trials.

DCLane

@13 rider - son no. 2 did. His chain dropped on he first corner, so he wasn't happy, but did OK-ish considering.

He'll be doing the universities' national hillclimb this weekend and back for next year's.

DCLane

Did he blame his mechanic Dad ? , A mechanical on an event like that must be gutting

Nope. I didn't finish the bike, a LBS near him did. It'd performed flawlessly over several hillclimbs until then as well.

He was annoyed, but wasn't fully fit so went up as best he could anyway after a second start.

Top Bottom