Navigation whilst cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Done. Now cue...

irw

Quadricyclist
...nit pickers....?
Oooh, me first!
"a product that makes navigation whilst cycling more accessible to buyers with a lower budget"
An A-Z.

Maybe the OP could offer up some further information about the background to their project, in the interests of provoking some slightly more useful replies?

Oooh, me first!
"a product that makes navigation whilst cycling more accessible to buyers with a lower budget"
An A-Z.

Maybe the OP could offer up some further information about the background to their project, in the interests of provoking some slightly more useful replies?
For a school project its better than a lot of the ones from people that are looking for crowd funding.

D

Deleted member 26715

4. How often do you cycle?
Once a month
Once a week
Twice a week
More than three times a week

I cycle Tuesday, Friday & Sunday, there is no option for 3 times a week.

5. How far do you go on an average ride?
100k+

I never ride exactly those distances, on average I ride 16 miles, which is roughly 26 kilometres so how do I answer?

8. How do you navigate whilst cycling?
With a paper map
With a phone
With a GPS head unit
If you use paper maps what type and size do you use?

I not use any of those, I use prior knowledge i.e. my brain

rugby bloke

Veteran
Completed, For a school project I thought the survey was well structured. Not every question is going to have an exact answer that reflects your personal situation.

D

Deleted member 26715

Completed, For a school project I thought the survey was well structured. Not every question is going to have an exact answer that reflects your personal situation.
Agreed but by simply changing Q4 to to 3 times or more, Q5 to less than 10K, between 10K & 20K, 20K & 30K etc, also mention miles/Km's 8. Adding option for no device would make the whole thing better, my post wasn't meant as ripping the pi$$ it was meant as constructive criticism to make the OP think a little more if they do another one.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Fair point - I had just come out of a rubbish meeting and I needed a cup of tea !!

I kind of think you can split bike navigation into two types: Having a pre-planned route that you want to stay on (maybe a specific road ride?) and then having a final destination you want to get to but not really caring how you get there (maybe riding to a cafe to meet friends?). For the latter I actually like being able to just ride wherever takes my fancy but I also am conscious of not riding in the wrong direction/missing an important turning. I do have the beeline (https://beeline.co/) but in reality its not as great/easy to use as their videos make it seem. Just my experience :bicycle: .

Top Bottom