NCN 20 near Pease Pottage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
You may not think that this is touring but as a townie on c/f with skinny tyres I am cautious. Does any one know the condition of the off-road section of the NCN 20 about 2k E of PP heading NNE through Tilgate Forest towards Crawley?

You may not think that this is touring but as a townie on c/f with skinny tyres I am cautious. Does any one know the condition of the off-road section of the NCN 20 about 2k E of PP heading NNE through Tilgate Forest towards Crawley?

Depends which way you intend to ride it, If you are joining the route from the Furness Green end, then as you ride through the golf course to the Motoway bridge, the route is hard packed gravel and chippings, once over the bridge the route through the forest is mainly sand and hard packed mud until Parish Lane, at Pease Pottage. if you are coming from Pease pottage then just read in reverse. the route through the forest is marked, but I have found at one of the markers could send you down the wrong track if not careful, more so if you ride it at night. Weekends you see quite a lot of PPLs riding road tyred bikes throught there.

Top Bottom