NCN 6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BromptonFB has very kindly given me some PMed info on this but I thought I'd ask the question on the forum for any other info.

I'm riding Manchester to Accrington soon on a route that makes a lot of use of NCN 6.

I'll be on a bike with two large panniers on the back and stuff on top of the rack.

I gather that the mud issues have fairly recently been addressed (I don't mind a bit as long as I can pedal through it) but since I'll be loaded I'm interested in the dreaded sustrans/local authority barriers.

Anyone know about whether this is an issue on the route and if so where?

At the beginning of the route I'm interested in two barriers on bridges over the Irwell and another apparently on the bridge over the M60.

I realise that whatever the design they will defeat a tandem or a trike but wondered if they would be a problem for a single loaded bike.

Hope my question doesn't seem too obsessive but I've encountered some awful barriers in my time.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Well no replies :smile: but in the interests of information for others on here -

I did the route - an absolute joy - one of the beest cycleroutes I've done - a massive percentage of the route to beyond Accrington from Manchester was traffic free. And of course as every southerner knows the scenery was wonderful.

Yes there were rather a lot of barriers but none of them presented a problem to a bike with two large Ortleibs on the back and a case mounted sideways on the top rack.

I was following a previously worked out route on the Etrex but the route was actually pretty well signed.

Top Bottom