Near miss diary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
was in the standard tonight. I think I might sign up

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
A few months ago there was a survey on here about cycling with children. They've now sent me details of another survey they're doing about near misses. You have to fill in a one-day diary sometime in the next couple of weeks. The link is http://nearmiss.bike/
Beaten to it: got an email, was going to post the link on here.
I will participate, maybe the results can be used for something useful to cycling.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I wonder if people sign up for this and report near misses that they wouldnt usually consider to be a near miss just so they can make a contribution. What is a near miss? What I consider to be a near miss may not be by the next rider.

I think it is a difficult thing to report on and collect accurate data.

Pat "5mph"

I wonder if people sign up for this and report near misses that they wouldnt usually consider to be a near miss just so they can make a contribution. What is a near miss? What I consider to be a near miss may not be by the next rider.

You have a point. I haven't looked at the link yet. I've got an email address for feedback on the survey:
Rachel Aldred <R.Aldred@westminster.ac.uk>

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country

Having signed up they are going to send me details about the diary. Any research is only as good as its data collection and interpretation. These do appear to be serious researchers rather than students asking silly questions to fulfil their course requirements :smile:

Pat "5mph"

These do appear to be serious researchers rather than students asking silly questions to fulfil their course requirements :smile:
Yes:
Dr. Rachel Aldred
Senior Lecturer in Transport

Course Leader, MSc Transport Planning and Management
Department of Planning and Transport
Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment
University of Westminster
Marylebone Campus
35 Marylebone Road
London
NW1 5LS

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I remember @Rickshaw Phil commenting in his ride report about a driver who overtook me on ColinJ's Trough of Bowland ride in March. He said something about me not reacting. At the time, I barely noticed and wouldn't have counted it as a close pass, whereas he clearly did. Just saying...

Top Bottom