Near Miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BinBag

Nothing I can do about it now, but I thought I'd share it with you good people none the less!

About 8 miles into my daily commute home, approaching a right hand bend on Reddish Road, Stockport (approaching Halfords). It's downhill slightly so I tend to get 25-30mph - there was a central crossing island thingy on my right, and a parked car slightly in front on my left. I could hear the car behind me, and could hear that he wasn't slowing down - even though the road was clear in front of us.

He passed me as a passed the parked car almsot pushing me into the parked car, and nearly clipping his nearside (I think I've got that right! - his passengar side anyway).

I gave a big 'Whhooooooaaaaahhhhh' - and as he'd cleared the parked car, he pipped me then stuck the V's up. So I replied!

This was a Lynx Taxi! A taxi FFS!

I wish I'd got his reg now but didn't think about it in the heat of the moment.

Just on that - if I do manage to get details (reg no, model, make etc) of this sort of thing, what can I do with the info?

I've calmed down now - but was proper annoyed yesterday.

Cheers - Binbag

stephenjubb

Über Member
was it not possible to ride defensively when you were 60 metres before the car to be 1.5 metres further out so when you reach the car you are away from its door, thereby preventing the overtake and a collision with a door opening?

I have found if I give drivers space where it is not safe they will always try and sneek through and I have no space, so I have to use primary position when appropriate and when to relinquish. I rarely annoy any drivers this way as they seem to understand.

Top Bottom