Nearly squashed a pedalestrian last night.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We were driving from Wigmore, in Herefordshire, to Leominster to go for a curry with some friends. It was a moonless night, it was misty and there are no streeetlights. Ms RT was driving and she suddenly jammed the brakes on, said "sh*t!" and pulled off the road. I had no idea why until I peered through the murk and saw an unlit cyclist, all dressed in dark colours, pootling along in the middle of the road. Talking to our friends, who'd been in their van ahead of us, it turned out they'd just missed him too. We were going to tell him how invisible he was, but he turned off into his drive before we caught up with him.
It shook me up. Anyone seen anyone with a shorter life expectancy recently? The twat.:blush:

simonali

Guru
I was driving to work the other night and there was a jogger dressed all in black jogging in the road right next to a perfectly good pavement. Nearly ran that silly tw@ over before I saw him!

Jaded

I was out the other night and there was a tree there, bold as brass, completely unlit.

Also a sharp corner and the stupid council hadn't put any Chevron signs up.

Jaded said:
I was out the other night and there was a tree there, bold as brass, completely unlit.

Also a sharp corner and the stupid council hadn't put any Chevron signs up.

These things are potential hazards and you allow for them, just as we allowed for the unlit cyclist in the road (we did after all, miss him). Although any reasonable driver is expecting unsigned bends on country roads and trees are not usually to be found in the middle of the carriageway, but otherwise, good analogy. Anyway, it does no one any favours to ride around unlit and he will get squashed sooner or later. And I for one will be more sorry for the motorist who eventually hits him.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Nearly hit a kid on my bike in the week. These 3 kids were playing in the road, walking infront of cars and stuff. I slowed down, and kept going, and this kid just ran from the middle of the road to infront of me quickly. I shouted Woaaaa and his mates just went " Ahhh ya Dcik"
Made me want to turn round and tell these kids f they keep doing what they were doing they wont see their next birthday, but i resisted.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Joe24 said:
Nearly hit a kid on my bike in the week. These 3 kids were playing in the road, walking infront of cars and stuff. I slowed down, and kept going, and this kid just ran from the middle of the road to infront of me quickly. I shouted Woaaaa and his mates just went " Ahhh ya Dcik"
Made me want to turn round and tell these kids f they keep doing what they were doing they wont see their next birthday, but i resisted.

I get that sometimes outside the school I pass on my way home from work.

Just aim for their goolies - works every time ;)

Top Bottom