[Nearly Squealed] Line Of Sight - Lucas Brunelle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Someone just posted this video on the Ipswich Single Speed Facebook page, possibly as inspiration to 'get out there', but by two minutes into the video I got tired of clenching my buttocks so hard I may find a little diamond in my knickers and stopped watching. Also I'm at work so I can't be watching an hour long video while sat and my desk! I'm planning to watch the rest tonight, and will just have to hope it doesn't give me hypertension!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0npCFw9TEnA

apb

Veteran
Awesome... Something to watch over the weekend.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I just randomly skipped to the middle and saw all of the following in just a few seconds:
  • Red light jumping
  • Jumping ped crossings
  • Pulling in front of moving buses
  • Cycling into pedestrians
  • Cycling through ped tunnels
  • Holding into moving vehicles
  • Touching / leaning on moving vehicles
  • Filtering on the left on corners
  • Junction slicing
  • Pavement jumping
  • Cycling the wrong way into moving traffic
I'm not sure my nerves can take a whole hour.

D

Deleted member 26715

And you wonder why car drivers have issue with cyclist, totally irresponsible

Alan...

hoski

Veteran
And you wonder why car drivers have issue with cyclist...

Yeah, I do actually. I doubt most drivers have even experienced the twattery of Lucas Brunelle type riders. I've certainly never seen it and I ride a fixed gear bike, know others who do, have taken part in alley cats, etc.

Back to the video... I'd never dream of riding like that, but I do quite enjoy the videos. I'd never buy one of his DVDs though - there's no way in hell I'd financially endorse it

I do like to see the people in the former colonies having a jolly good jape on their bicycles.

They seem an excitable lot - and much given to unwarranted whoops and exclamation.

Nonetheless, they must be credited with riding their bicycles with joy and purpose, albeit in a rather pedestrian fashion.

I take it the main action has been slowed down. It carries a scent of potential excitement about it, but I fear the editor has slowed the action to an iceberg-like pace (perhaps for effect) and has robbed the viewer of the mild frisson that greater speed might bring.

Well done nenetheless.

A good early effort and it won't be long before these colonial types have got the hang of urban cycling.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
If a motorcyclist filmed himself doing that he'd get arrested.

What a bunch of morons.

apb

Veteran
I have to admire the skill. That said, it really feels they tear up the community. Generating hatred towards a/the cycling community.

Could you deal with hitting peds at that speed? Knowing the physical damage you could do is irreversible. That and having a dependent child means i would never cycle like this.

I can see the Sun headlines now - "Twats in shoot cycling shocker...". Why people admire these idiots is beyond me. It should be legal for everyone to punch/kick them off when they try to ride through you. I'd buy a video compilation of that...

D

Deleted member 26715

What's the crack anyway, what are they trying to achieve, is it just a race with check in points, sorry for the ignorance

Alan...

What's the crack anyway, what are they trying to achieve, is it just a race with check in points, sorry for the ignorance

Alan...

You wouldn't understand, man......

Like, if you have to ask... you're like... not there.

It's about the bike.... It's about you but it's not about you; it's about us.... but us and the bike and where the energy really is. It's about energy and expression and anyway why do people get so upset about a broken door mirror? It's just stuff, man.

It's about the city but about who really owns the city and where did all the wolves go? And civilisation which is like bullsh|t, but not bullsh|t. And the native Americans didn't even understand the concept of property.

It's about, like Romney and all his crap and like parents and the stuff they say and like teachers and bullsh|t and freedom and like politics, which adults just DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

There... That feels better. Now, where did I leave my Daily Telegraph?

(Edit: Part of me feels the above post belongs in Current Affairs and Debate, but part of me thinks it a little highbrow for that section).

AndyPeace

Alan...

It's a test of nerve, skill and blindingly fast decision making. Yeah, they are clearly a menance to the roads, pathways and just about anywhere they can get their bikes... but they are talented.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Enough testosterone there to launch a Saturn rocket. Lance Armstrong shouldn't have bothered with the drugs, just had a transfusion with some of those guys.

Top Bottom