Ned Season...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I dunno if it's the darker evenings, or the change in weather, but there's a notable increase in the number of scowling yoofs in dark tracksuits loitering on my commute.

Highlight today was the bunch crossing the road s-l-o-w-l-y in front of the traffic - one cut a caper in the cycle lane ahead of me. "I might be bike, but I'm still doing 15 miles an hour." I said - as one, they went "ooooo!" which made me chuckle.

I do wonder how hairy things are going to get closer to bonfire night though :/

I like it when they start pissing about in the road in front of my truck. Like I'm going to come off worse if I hit them.:blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One of the local high schools seems to breed these jaywalking children - nearly run a few over on the bike - let's dawdle across the road as a bike comes flying down the hill at 30 mph. The worst ones are the kids that think jumping out in front of a Discovery is funny......

Emu

John the Monkey said:
I do wonder how hairy things are going to get closer to bonfire night though :/

It's Halloween that the yoofs really come into their own I find.

Sadly, my 12 year old is fast become a scowling, non-verbal communicating, hoody. I think it's the first time since he started senior school a year ago that I wished I ferried him to and fro to school by car. I dread to think what kinda mischief he's up to in the 90 mins he takes to get home from school.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Emu said:
Sadly, my 12 year old is fast become a scowling, non-verbal communicating, hoody. I think it's the first time since he started senior school a year ago that I wished I ferried him to and fro to school by car. I dread to think what kinda mischief he's up to in the 90 mins he takes to get home from school.

Hopefully not much. I was surly and uncommunicative to my parents when I was that age, but they'd raised me well enough to know where the boundaries were, if that's any comfort.

Sh4rkyBloke said:
What, we exchange them for something more useful.... like litter by the side of the road?

Bah, litter we have already :blush: (I particularly dislike those small bits of plastic that sound like something falling off your bike when you ride over them...)

Top Bottom