Need advice about buying bike please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heather412

I am returning to bikes after about 10yrs away .I have put on a bit of weight since I last rode a bike and am abit worried about the frame of bike I want to buy being strong enough .I want to start with a sit up and beg style bike like the Giant expression LX .It has Aluxx aluminium frame .Will this take the weight of someone about 12half stone ? It says it is a light frame .I just wondered if I would be better with a steel framed bike ? I know it seems a daft question but I want to order one online so don't know who to ask .Would be grateful if some one could help

vickster

Legendary Member
You'll be fine at that weight. I have just got a Giant Avail and am rather heavier than you :blush: I have had a number of bikes, and also have a carbon one, you'll be fine with anything you choose

There are guys on here who are or have been 20-30+ stone and have ridden everything just fine

Happy shopping and riding :bicycle:

OP
OP
H

Heather412

You'll be fine at that weight. I have just got a Giant Avail and am rather heavier than you :blush: I have had a number of bikes, and also have a carbon one, you'll be fine with anything you choose

There are guys on here who are or have been 20-30+ stone and have ridden everything just fine

Happy shopping and riding :bicycle:

Pauluk

An alloy frame will be fine. At 12 and a half stone you are not heavy in cycle terms as bikes can take much more weight than you are carrying. Make sure you get the right size as this will be a much more important factor for your comfort and enjoyment.

Top Bottom