Need Help identifying this vintage bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CrazyBrit97

Regular
what i know so far is... its a robin hood, maybe 60s as lights are from then and the only thing missing on this bike is one of the bulbs. maybe some tips on restoring it
robin.jpg

Daddybus

Über Member
I'm no expert but it looks earlier than 60's to me

Daddybus

Über Member
Gotta love a free bike :smile: .... Looks good to me & plenty of accessories too- do the lights work? Looks like the front one is a searchlight for tracking bombers...

shadaboot27

Yep this is a Robin hood bike, it's not 60's though it more like mid 50's, it should say the date on the rear hub, providing it's still got the original wheels. The lamp on the handlebars looks original but the one on the forks is defo 60's. Looks like a nice old bike.

OP
OP
CrazyBrit97

CrazyBrit97

Regular
Yep this is a Robin hood bike, it's not 60's though it more like mid 50's, it should say the date on the rear hub, providing it's still got the original wheels. The lamp on the handlebars looks original but the one on the forks is defo 60's. Looks like a nice old bike.
Thank you so much! I found it on the rear hub, everything's original by the looks apart from some added accessories but nothing has been replaced. Year is 54

shadaboot27

After closer inspection, the dynamo on the rear wheel looks to be added at a later date just like the 60'd lamp on the forks. The original lamp on the handlebars would of originally ran off of the dyno hub on the front wheel.

shadaboot27

The best thing to do with this would be to remove the 60's lamp and dynomo, then get the originals working then just clean the rest of the bike up get new tyres and tubes and keep the rest all original. If you need any tips or help on cleaning or anything else feel free to ask. But as for cleaning WD-40, a cloth and some wire wool iare your best friends. Use the wire wool and WD-40 to clean all the grime and rust off the chrome, and use an old rag and WD-40 to clean the frame. It gets all the grease and loose rust off gives it all a nice shine and it also protects it from rusting any more.

OP
OP
CrazyBrit97

CrazyBrit97

Regular
After closer inspection, the dynamo on the rear wheel looks to be added at a later date just like the 60'd lamp on the forks. The original lamp on the handlebars would of originally ran off of the dyno hub on the front wheel.
Thank you, will keep you updated on cleaning and will ask if I need any help. I see the dyno on the front and hopefully I can get it sorted

Top Bottom