Need help making the right purchase + guidance on bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimLahey4321

I have been wanting to buy a 'project' bike for a while now, something that I can buy for relatively cheap and do a little work on to be able to take out on the roads. I recently found this Fausto Coppi Lombardia on the facebook marketplace for £50 that fits the bill perfectly. However, before I decide what to do about it I would love any info anyone can provide on this particular Fausto Coppi (as I can't turn up much on the internet), if it's a worthwhile investment and how it would fit someone of 6ft 1 as I've read before that they were slightly larger and more agressive than just the frame size states, so if anyone has experience riding on of these I would love to hear how it rides. Ordinarily I would ask the seller if I could test ride but it has no seat so that's not really an option. Any help would be massively appreciated!! - Here's the image from the add below:

OP
OP
JimLahey4321

JimLahey4321

I forgot to add that it's a 23 inch frame!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks a fair enough project for £50 although i would try a cheeky £35 offer first ^_^
Size wise looks about right
I would check the sti units are operating ok before handing over cash
And also worth checking the frame for any cracks
Fausto Coppi is a good name but that doesn't mean its a good bike
Just do a face book market place search on Fausto Coppi bikes and compare the others listed

Last edited:

aj101

These were really popular round my way in the 90s, but you don't see so many of them these days so as it's aluminium definitely check the frame very carefully for cracks. If that's fine then £50 sounds like an excellent deal, just got to get hold of a drivetrain during a pandemic shortage to get it back on the road!

OP
OP
JimLahey4321

JimLahey4321

Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate the help.
I recon I'll have a proper scout around the internet to see if I can find any other interesting project bikes and then decide what to do. If I go for the coppi I'll defo keep what you've said in mind. Cheers!

Top Bottom