RESOLVED - THANK YOU - Need some advice about a road near Cregennan Lakes (south of Barmouth)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
@UphillSlowly good news, I had a very enjoyable ride to Cregennan Lakes, on Monday, in beautiful sunshine and the road between Dolgellau and the Lakes was open with no issues.

One thing to be aware of though, is that the main A493, between Dolgellau and Tywyn, is currently being surface dressed in places and does have road closures. It’s currently closed around the Fairbourne area, but that may have moved by the time you ride on Sunday.

OP
OP
UphillSlowly

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
@UphillSlowly good news, I had a very enjoyable ride to Cregennan Lakes, on Monday, in beautiful sunshine and the road between Dolgellau and the Lakes was open with no issues.

One thing to be aware of though, is that the main A493, between Dolgellau and Tywyn, is currently being surface dressed in places and does have road closures. It’s currently closed around the Fairbourne area, but that may have moved by the time you ride on Sunday.

Not going as far as Fairbourne so should hopefully be ok. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
UphillSlowly

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill

Well the road up from Arthog to Creggenan Lakes was a challenge! Managed it and the view was worth it. The road down from the Lakes to Dolgellau was brilliant. Had a great time on that descent! Thanks again

Top Bottom