Neoprene Glove Recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
This week I have been using a very old pair of Altura Gore-A-Like (my word) ski type gloves on the school run bike ride. For 4 x 8km trips they are fine. Anything more strenuous, they are just too hot even in sub-zero temperatures. I can also only use them on trigger shifters and bar end shifters. I just can’t get them to work with my brifters on my Audax bike.

I have seen some of the other riders wearing neoprene gloves which look like they would tick the boxes of being flexible and sensitive enough and warm, but not too warm. Poor language but can’t say it any other way.

Can you recommend anything with a MAX budget of £30?

This is for my birthday present to me on Sunday. You are all invited. Bring cake.

Drago

Legendary Member
Divers gloves in neoprene are cheap, effective, and come in various thicknesses.

Castelli Diluvio are a little over budget when full price but often available at sub £30. There are various designs, at least historically. Mine have longish cuffs and do the 'warm, but not too warm, and very flexible and sensitive' thing pretty well. They're pre-curved too, which is a good thing for neoprene.

OP
OP
Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Thanks y’all. I was in Bristol today and picked up a pair of Enduro FS260 PROs (whatever that means) It was no more than 1’c today and I wore them for the chilly bit home. About 50km.

I really liked the sensitivity of them. I didn’t need to take them off to do anything. Eat, drink, shake-a-leg, pay for my coffee, use my phone and Wahoo Elemnt. Above all they were quite warm. Once I had sweated, they were even more efficient. No wind chill or draughtyness. New word for you. I also like that they are very plain and fit each (of my fingers perfectly. They come in a high viz flavour too.

What some people will find weird is your hands feel like you’ve been in the bath too long. My background is sailing so I am very accustomed to this. Some people will hate this feeling.

So there you go. Shopping mission complete.

Top Bottom