Nervous

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Today is the day. At 1900hrs I find out if I am to become the chairman of the local Search and Rescue team. You never can tell really, but my gut feeling is that I've a good chance. Last election my rival got only 2 votes against his opponent, who received 23.

If I don't get it then I'll start hunting round for a part time job to keep my pecker up.

Anyway, now today is the day I'm becoming pretty nervous. I might go and cut the grass or something, try and keep myself occupied.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thanks guys. I think!

It'll certainly give me something to focus on intellectually Marmion. I've felt a bit rudderless, a bit restless, since I retired.

damj

Can't imagine you'd be one to sit on the fence, probably exactly what they need. Good luck

arch684

Veteran
Good luck hope you get it

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Thanks guys :smile:

As a qualified Search Manager I'm kept busy - I'm legally responsible for the operations I run, and I take it in turns with the other SM's to review ops that I was not involved in, so there's always something to-do. Nevertheless, like User9609 says, sometimes it's good to really get stuck an and I won't be letting the secretary do all the juicy stuff.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Speaking as someone relieved you live at the other end of the country who regards you as a political Neandertal, I have to say there's no-one I'd rather have responsible for my rescue if I'd got myself into a fix in the arse end of nowhere. Good luck. I'm sure your charm & affability will see you over the line in style.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
You're right Reiver. A lot of form filling, but it has to be done. Potentially it's me has to explain my actions to the Coroners Court.

Thanks swee pea ;)

Top Bottom