Netflix / lovefilm ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Over Xmas we used the free Netflix month subscription and I loved its content, easy of use and multiplatform usage. Paused on the Iphone and picked up on the Sony TV without any problem, even Mrs B enjoyed it on her Kindle.
The last month we've used LoveFilm, not as good IMHO. Not as many platforms are supported and their guide isn't as intuitive.
We've watched some good films on it, its just awkward to use compared to Netflix.

Anyone know if I can get another free month with NetFlix with Mrs B's bank account? Or are the new services coming out any good?

Hoping the creeks don't rise TB

Am I old fashioned?
I really cannot think that I would ever want to watch a film anywhere else but on my TV when I am not distracted or have to do something else.
I dont mind the idea of downloading a film instead going to blockbuster to rent it.
I actually just seem to have enough films available by recording them from the TV and whatching them when I want.
Interesting that people actually do watch films like Kevin Bacon demonstrates on some ad for something I dont understand.

Reactions: Maz
OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Its true OTH, people actually watch movies on their phones and tablets and in the job I do its a savior some nights

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Netflix is so much better in the US, gets updated quicker and lots more content. I use unblockUS to use it on my WDlive connected ot my TV

Maz

Guru
A guy at work used to watch films on his phone whilst he was meant to be working. He didn't stay in the job for long.I'm with OTH on this one. I've got a backlog of about 15 films on the hard drive of the TV box, waiting to be watched.

Andrew_P

Netflix via the PS3 - on Xbox you have to have Xbox live to get it!
Good range of choice and reviewed love film, didn't seem as good.

@Loco, what's this USunblock?
it give you a DNS number of a server in the USA so you can watch the US content.

I'm coming to the end of my free month on Lovefilm, caught up finally with season 3 and 4 of Sons of Anarchy. I found it perfect, as I could watch on the Tv through the ps3, or in bed on the ipad :smile:

I believe I can do the same with Netflix, so may give that a look next!

Its true OTH, people actually watch movies on their phones and tablets and in the job I do its a savior some nights

There seems to be a different world out there to the one I know. I have never had a job where I was able to not do any work for two hours and watch a film on my phone. I hardly have two hours after work in the evening to watch a film!

I guess if you are somewhere and can give the thing your attenton then it can fill some time. Only opportunity I have is if I am driving and then it is perhaps better to listen to music or an audio book.

I admit I have not tried it but I am guessing you will not quite get the full impact of watching Avatar on the bus home on a 3 inch screen. I am perhaps behind the times and am still resisting a laptop!!

Andrew_P

When my contract with Vigin ends, I am going to cancel. Netflix should have enough content for me along with freeview. The only thing I might miss is some of the Fottball but I am watching that less and less now.

Sara_H

Guru
I had the free Lvefilm trial when I came out of hospital - watched a series of secret diary of a call girl. Decided not to continue though as we rarely watch TV or films.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
There seems to be a different world out there to the one I know. I have never had a job where I was able to not do any work for two hours and watch a film on my phone. I hardly have two hours after work in the evening to watch a film!

I guess if you are somewhere and can give the thing your attenton then it can fill some time. Only opportunity I have is if I am driving and then it is perhaps better to listen to music or an audio book.

I admit I have not tried it but I am guessing you will not quite get the full impact of watching Avatar on the bus home on a 3 inch screen. I am perhaps behind the times and am still resisting a laptop!!

Oh No!!! I do hope we aren't entering the era of watching films while driving :cursing:

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller

I do sleep in carework where you really cant sleep, so it helps me twiddle the hours away