Netflix TDF documentary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
My house is not on it 😉

20220703_134455.jpg

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Could be a double-edged sword. Taking the F1 Drive to Survive experience it has certainly increased awareness and interest in the sport, but there is an undercurrent of F1 snobs who deride anybody new to the sport as a "Drive to Survivor", a term used to suggest someone who only knows what Netflix has told them, which is often slated as being deliberately sensationalist and provides a narrative that is more fiction than fact.

I'll be watching it though, as I do DTS.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't suppose it's going to be anything like Django Unchained which I've just watched on Netflix, a Tarantino film which I can highly recommend.

If you don't have Netflix you could beg or borrow someone's log in details. I wouldn't have said Netflix is worth paying for.

Slick

Guru
Could be a double-edged sword. Taking the F1 Drive to Survive experience it has certainly increased awareness and interest in the sport, but there is an undercurrent of F1 snobs who deride anybody new to the sport as a "Drive to Survivor", a term used to suggest someone who only knows what Netflix has told them, which is often slated as being deliberately sensationalist and provides a narrative that is more fiction than fact.

I'll be watching it though, as I do DTS.

Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but Netflix also did a cracking series on the PGA tour called Full Swing, so if its anything as good as that, I'll be watching. To be fair, I've never watched DTS, but I've always been interested in what drives individuals to be the best and what separates them from the rest of us. Programmes like this can really be quite insightful.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

On reminder - looking forward to it.

SpokeyDokey

Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but Netflix also did a cracking series on the PGA tour called Full Swing, so if its anything as good as that, I'll be watching. To be fair, I've never watched DTS, but I've always been interested in what drives individuals to be the best and what separates them from the rest of us. Programmes like this can really be quite insightful.

Yes, non-golfer here but Full Swing was very good.

SpokeyDokey

I got fed up with the disjointed mish-mash of talking heads, slight delays in translated talkover commentary etc and general lack of cohesiveness.

Very messy and not in the same league as F1's Drive to Survive franchise.

Disappointed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ohh something for the weekend - MrsF is off to the caravan with her sister, son and daughter away, so it's me, my bike, and stuff I want to watch on TV. Yeh !

Top Bottom